I've not got the tools to do this but I've came up with a idea which mite work if someone has the right tools, most importantly a 3D printer would be needed to make a tidy job.

Providing Power
Using a 28awg USB cable to power the Note 4, using a 3D printer to copy the battery shape which clips on and adding terminals to the battery which will make contact with the phone terminals. The USB cable would go into the battery block which is made by the 3D printer and the USB cable would be soldered to the terminals on the battery block which would make contact with the phone terminals. So what you would have is a empty battery which is powered by the USB cable, providing power to the phone.
Then the cover would fit nicely over the battery and the USB cable will pass through a hole/slot in the phones cover.

Adding Cooling
Cooling could also be added by using the dummy battery. Finding a heatsink which is smaller then the battery so the heatsink can touch the back of the phone in the battery bay, so the battery would be made like a bumper case around the heatsink. So what you would end up with is a heatsink USB powered battery, so using up above to provide power to the phone, with the printed battery made around the heatsink so the heatsink can actually sit right on the bottom of the battery bay touching the phone and a back cover cut to make the heatsink stick out, with the back cover permanently fitted to the battery/heatsink unit. The cover with its clip would hold the battery/heatsink unit in place securely to the phone. Other smaller heatsink could be fixed and cut through the back cover or a metal plate could be used to line the inside of the back cover which would be fixed to the main heatsink to provide cooling to other parts of the phone. Both could be used, a metal laced cover with additional heatsink attached to the metal plate.
A small fan could also be added to the main heatskin blowing air into it and this could be powered from the same USB lead.

This shouldn't add a huge amount of weight to the device since you are losing the battery cells and the heatsinks are pretty lite weight.

This is only a idea which I quickly came up with, I've not looked fully into the electrical side of this but if the electrical side of this works, then a person with the right tools could pull this off and make a rather nice job of It.

Because I don't have a 3D printer I've not thought any further then the concept of this, you should be able to imagine what it would look like from what I've described but I can draw up the concept if needed. I decided to write on here about my idea in the hope that someone has a 3D printer, so you can make this, test it and even share the 3D printed parts.

It would be great if people got involved with this, with the technical side, adding more to the idea and even making it.

I've not got the tools to do this but I've came up with a idea which mite work if someone has the right tools, most importantly a 3D printer would be...

More...

I've not got the tools to do this but I've came up with a idea which mite work if someone has the right tools, most importantly a 3D printer would be needed to make a tidy job.

Providing Power
Using a 28awg USB cable to power the Note 4, using a 3D printer to copy the battery shape which clips on and adding terminals to the battery which will make contact with the phone terminals. The USB cable would go into the battery block which is made by the 3D printer and the USB cable would be soldered to the terminals on the battery block which would make contact with the phone terminals. So what you would have is a empty battery which is powered by the USB cable, providing power to the phone.
Then the cover would fit nicely over the battery and the USB cable will pass through a hole/slot in the phones cover.

Adding Cooling
Cooling could also be added by using the dummy battery. Finding a heatsink which is smaller then the battery so the heatsink can touch the back of the phone in the battery bay, so the battery would be made like a bumper case around the heatsink. So what you would end up with is a heatsink USB powered battery, so using up above to provide power to the phone, with the printed battery made around the heatsink so the heatsink can actually sit right on the bottom of the battery bay touching the phone and a back cover cut to make the heatsink stick out, with the back cover permanently fitted to the battery/heatsink unit. The cover with its clip would hold the battery/heatsink unit in place securely to the phone. Other smaller heatsink could be fixed and cut through the back cover or a metal plate could be used to line the inside of the back cover which would be fixed to the main heatsink to provide cooling to other parts of the phone. Both could be used, a metal laced cover with additional heatsink attached to the metal plate.
A small fan could also be added to the main heatskin blowing air into it and this could be powered from the same USB lead.

This shouldn't add a huge amount of weight to the device since you are losing the battery cells and the heatsinks are pretty lite weight.

This is only a idea which I quickly came up with, I've not looked fully into the electrical side of this but if the electrical side of this works, then a person with the right tools could pull this off and make a rather nice job of It.

Because I don't have a 3D printer I've not thought any further then the concept of this, you should be able to imagine what it would look like from what I've described but I can draw up the concept if needed. I decided to write on here about my idea in the hope that someone has a 3D printer, so you can make this, test it and even share the 3D printed parts.

It would be great if people got involved with this, with the technical side, adding more to the idea and even making it.

I've not got the tools to do this but I've came up with a idea which mite work if someone has the right tools, most importantly a 3D printer would be...

More...