Hey,

I just got a used LG-P705g from a friend. I wanted to install the stock ROM to avoid all the carrier bloatware and to use the phone with a different carrier.

I have been googling quite a bit, and seems like the process of doing it with Linux is quite hard. This is why I wanted to try and do it with my SD card as I did with other phones.

First things first, I was looking for a place to download the stock ROM. The best place to do it seemed to be here LG Firmware Update Central (looks like I'm not allowed to post links yet). You cant really find it for the exact P705 version, but my guess is the L7 P700 version works.

However you download the ROM in .dkz. I'm not sure if this is the correct filetype to do it via SD.

Let's say I get the ROM in the correct filetype. Which is the correct procedure to install it after?

Some more info:
Android: 4.1.2
Version de la banda base: MSM7227A-1-AA
Kernel: 3.4.0
Version de SW: P705g20a-722-34

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey, I just got a used LG-P705g from a friend. I wanted to install the stock ROM to avoid all the carrier bloatware and to use the phone with a...

More...

Hey,

I just got a used LG-P705g from a friend. I wanted to install the stock ROM to avoid all the carrier bloatware and to use the phone with a different carrier.

I have been googling quite a bit, and seems like the process of doing it with Linux is quite hard. This is why I wanted to try and do it with my SD card as I did with other phones.

First things first, I was looking for a place to download the stock ROM. The best place to do it seemed to be here LG Firmware Update Central (looks like I'm not allowed to post links yet). You cant really find it for the exact P705 version, but my guess is the L7 P700 version works.

However you download the ROM in .dkz. I'm not sure if this is the correct filetype to do it via SD.

Let's say I get the ROM in the correct filetype. Which is the correct procedure to install it after?

Some more info:
Android: 4.1.2
Version de la banda base: MSM7227A-1-AA
Kernel: 3.4.0
Version de SW: P705g20a-722-34

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey, I just got a used LG-P705g from a friend. I wanted to install the stock ROM to avoid all the carrier bloatware and to use the phone with a...

More...