Hi!
I'm in Vancouver and I've been asked if I can ship an order (costume jewelry) to the UK via Registered Mail, but I don't want to try it unless I hear some success/failure stories first, which is where you all come in!

Canada Post says RM is for documents only, even though I've received plenty of craft supplies shipments from *outside* Canada via RM over the years just fine. Which makes no sense to me, because how could Canada Post be allowing parcels containing non-documents that fit the size restrictions to be delivered to into the country via RM, yet not allow them to go out? The parcels all had customs declarations on them clearly describing what's inside, so it's not like they were being covertly sneaked through. And if I were to try this myself, I would assume I'd have to use a customs label too.

I'd like to help the guy out if I can, because tracked services are a whopping $42+ for overseas regardless what's in the parcel, and RM for a small flat item it's about $23. If I can save the guy some money I'd sure like to (and get the insurance & tracking that goes with it at the same time). Anyway I hope someone can help!

~ Elaine

More...

Hi!
I'm in Vancouver and I've been asked if I can ship an order (costume jewelry) to the UK via Registered Mail, but I don't want to try it unless I hear some success/failure stories first, which is where you all come in!

Canada Post says RM is for documents only, even though I've received plenty of craft supplies shipments from *outside* Canada via RM over the years just fine. Which makes no sense to me, because how could Canada Post be allowing parcels containing non-documents that fit the size restrictions to be delivered to into the country via RM, yet not allow them to go out? The parcels all had customs declarations on them clearly describing what's inside, so it's not like they were being covertly sneaked through. And if I were to try this myself, I would assume I'd have to use a customs label too.

I'd like to help the guy out if I can, because tracked services are a whopping $42+ for overseas regardless what's in the parcel, and RM for a small flat item it's about $23. If I can save the guy some money I'd sure like to (and get the insurance & tracking that goes with it at the same time). Anyway I hope someone can help!

~ Elaine

More...